Independent living focuses on the idea that our clients are the best experts on their own needs and goals and it is our job to assist them in their daily lives, not control them. They deserve the opportunity to decide how to live, work, and take part in community activities and we take pride in assisting them with these daily activities through our unique structure and programs.
1. Ensures bills are paid on time
2. Weekly spending money is easily monitored
3. Finances are handled by individuals trained specifically for financial management
4. Simplifies the process for the client
5. Financial reports completed by the fifth of each month
The recording and management of client finances requires specialized skills. This is why we have taken the job of client financial management and given it to the individuals who have received extensive training in this area. This ensures that the client receives their weekly spending money correctly and also that their bills are paid on time. Everyone needs financial skills to make smart decisions about money. For a person with a disability, there are some additional things you need to know to be sure you can get what you need to live independently.
– Developing a livable budget that includes a plan for spending and saving
– Learning how to save without losing your government benefits
– Deciding where to keep your money: the bank of your choice, a trust account, etc.
– You understand how and where you spend your money
The ability to get control of their financial future for today and tomorrow creates financial confidence for our clients!
1. Maintain the clients independence
2. Increased compliance by delivering pre-packaged medication previously setup
3. Provide peace of mind to the clients family as well as the caregiver
4. Superior packaging at no cost
When working with our clients, one of our main areas of concern is always the administration of medication. In order to minimize the risk of medication errors, Companion Care utilizes ATC Medication Packaging Services (from Young at Heart) to deliver prepackaged medication to our clients. This unique solution places all medications which are to be administered at the same time in one package. This simple solution helps in maintaining client independence, increases medication compliance, and serves as peace of mind that all clients are receiving their proper medication.
All of our Direct Support Professionals are required to complete a Medication Administration course facilitated by our on staff RN. The course covers:
– Administering medications at the appropriate dates and times
– Medication Administration documentation
– Recognizing adverse reactions or side effects from medications
– Recognizing and reporting errors
Our Quality Assurance Team works alongside our Nurse to strategize to improve our medication administration process and educate our all our support professionals. These educational strategies aim to improve medication safety and avert unnecessary medication errors.
2. Direct Support Staff are trained to ensure Risk Plan implementation
3. Individual consultations with health care providers
4. Complete face to face consultations with each individual as described in their support plan
5. RN full involvement with the IST members
6. RN full involvement with the IST members
Our Wellness Coordination Services develop, maintain and monitor our clients Wellness Coordination Plan as well as the medical services required to manage their healthcare. This service extends beyond the services provided through routine doctor/health care visits required under the Medicaid State Plan, and is specifically designed with assistance of an RN/LPN to properly coordinate your medical needs. There is no cost to you and will not effect any current services you are receiving.
1. Complete the State Risk Mitigation tool
2. Develop, oversee and maintain the Wellness Coordination Plan for each client
3. Train Direct Support Staff to ensure Risk Plan implementation
4. Consult with the individuals health care providers
5. Complete face to face consultations with each individual as described in their support plan
6. Consult with the individual support team
7. Participate in the clients annual team meetings to report on the individual’s Wellness Coordination Plan as it relates to the services listed in the ISP.
Health care needs require at least weekly* consultation/review with the RN/LPN including face to face meetings once per month.
Health care needs require at least weekly consultation/review with the RN/LPN including face to face meetings twice monthly.
Health care needs require at least twice weekly consultation/review with the RN/LPN including face to face meetings once per week.
**Weekly – A calendar week (Saturday-Sunday)Download Our Wellness Coordination Brochure
1. Overcome communication barriers
2. Improve quality of life
3. Goal setting through a simple and fun process
4. Reduce behaviors
5. Clients working towards their dreams
6. Clients full participation in quarterly meetings
We provide assistance to individuals who are intellectually/physically disabled or elderly. Through our assistance, these individuals are able to make their own decisions and choices to guide their lives while working to achieve their goals and dreams. Often times, our clients had barriers that would inhibit their ability to define what their goals and dreams were, so we created the Dream Chips to assist them in finding their voice.
Dream Chips are a beautifully simple tool in which our staff can easily help their clients identify what they would like to do. The simple intuitive design of the program easily allows clients to overcome communication barriers, reduce behaviors, improve their quality of life, and set their goals through a simple and fun process.
Dream Chips is truly a person centered planning tool that can be utilized in the comfort of the client home, without any outside influences to affect the outcome. The process is completed by a Dream Chips Specialist that has been trained specifically on how to create this individualized person centered plan with our client.
2. Caregiver support with a less restrictive environment
3. Family can connect face – to –face with their loved ones from anywhere in the world
4. Enables the client to remain living in their own home
5. Clients connect with their caregiver using the latest technology
6. State of the at sensors are utilized to ensure health and safety
Companion Care Company partners with Medicaid approved electronic monitoring providers in Indiana. Electronic monitoring offers in-home support services as needed by the consumer, by specially trained caregivers, who communicate face-to-face, through a live, interactive network. Family members can also use the system to check in and chat face-to-face with their loved ones from anywhere in the world, via the internet. It’s secure, and gives the consumers their independence and lets them stay in their own home, in their own community.
Caregivers working at a state-of-the-art support and response centers and use various devices in the home provide that real-time information about what is happening at the site.
– Small cameras installed strategically, but non-evasively in the home allow the caregivers to literally see what is happening in a client’s home.
– Sensors in the home monitor motion, detect falls, and track activity to help ensure consumer safety.
– Two-way audio capabilities allow our caregivers to prompt and remind individuals through activities of daily living.
– Live, interactive screens let clients see their Caregivers face to face.
– Automated medication dispensers are available to help consumer take their medications at their scheduled times.