Life is an adventure, and everyone deserves to explore it. We take pride in helping our clients defining their goals and adventures through our Dreamchips and iPassport programs. Then through recreational therapy and activities we help them achieve their goals, from learning to paint to learning to ride a bike we’re ready to take on any adventure!
1. Overcome communication barriers
2. Improve quality of life
3. Goal setting through a simple and fun process
4. Reduce behaviors
5. Clients working towards their dreams
6. Clients full participation in quarterly meetings
We provide assistance to individuals who are intellectually/physically disabled or elderly. Through our assistance, these individuals are able to make their own decisions and choices to guide their lives while working to achieve their goals and dreams. Often times, our clients had barriers that would inhibit their ability to define what their goals and dreams were, so we created the Dream Chips to assist them in finding their voice.
Dream Chips are a beautifully simple tool in which our staff can easily help their clients identify what they would like to do. The simple intuitive design of the program easily allows clients to overcome communication barriers, reduce behaviors, improve their quality of life, and set their goals through a simple and fun process.
Dream Chips is truly a person centered planning tool that can be utilized in the comfort of the client home, without any outside influences to affect the outcome. The process is completed by a Dream Chips Specialist that has been trained specifically on how to create this individualized person centered plan with our client.
1. Community integration; becoming an active member in their community
2. Programs are driven by the clients
3. Clients identify, plan and execute all aspects of the program
4. Clients gain confidence in social settings
5. Learning new skills
6. Program oversight by a Recreational Therapist
iPassport was created to inspire, teach and support individuals with Developmental Disabilities in the areas of daily living, learning, and community involvement. We believe that everyone has a choice in what they want to do in their everyday lives, and iPassport is not your traditional Day Program. The programs are driven by the consumers by them choosing what they want to learn and where they want to go. Our specialized staff is there to assist them with identifying their interests and outlining their specific programs using our unique process, Dream Chips.
Consumers will identify, plan and execute all aspects of the program. During the group meetings, the group’s role play social settings, practice talking to people and asking appropriate questions, and plan out their day. This includes meal planning, shopping and preparation, researching and gathering information for planned activities, and developing individual plans for each activity.
Community involvement plays a major role in every consumer’s success. Just visiting the community is not integration. We encourage and work with our individuals to become an active member of their community by providing opportunities and avenues to them.
Participants are recognized for progress and accomplishments which instills pride, confidence and responsibility which enables participants to become leaders!
The iPassport program builds individual self-esteem by allowing the consumer to make their own decisions and choices, learn new skills, and become an active part of their community. And with every new skill and every choice they make, brings them closer to finding their own independence.
Programming is developed and overseen by a Recreational Therapist.
– An in house coffee shop
– Open to the public - Gardening
– Growing fresh vegetables and selling them to the public at Farmers Markets
– Cooking – Baking goods and selling them to the public at the coffee shop or
Farmers Markets; buying and cooking their lunches daily
– Art – creating art; Attending art fairs and selling their art to the public
1. Improve Cognitive Skills
2. Improve Physical Skills
3. Improved Emotional Well Being
4. Decrease in Behavioral Problems
Recreational Therapy is a treatment service designed to restore, remediate and rehabilitate a person’s level of functioning and independence. Recreational Therapy also serves to promote health and wellness as well as reduce or eliminate the activity limitations and restrictions to participation in life situations caused by an illness or disabling condition.
Our therapists work with clients independently or in small groups to restore motor, social and cognitive functioning, build confidence, develop coping skills, and integrate skills learned in treatment settings into community settings. The areas of focus areas vary based upon client interests. Examples of therapy focuses range from art, sports, outdoor activities, dance/movement, and leisure education.
– Ability to follow simple directions
– Improved communication
– Improved interpersonal skills
– Decision making opportunities
– Improved attention span
– Heightened sensory awareness
– Heightened environmental awareness
– Improved ability to make needs known
– Improved memory skills
– Improved self-expression
– Improved fine/gross motor skills
– Increased endurance
– Increased mobility and range of motion
– Improved hand/eye coordination
– Improved ADL skills/body awareness
– Increased strength and flexibility
– Improved sleep patterns
– Improved skin integrity
– Improved appetite
– Decreased incontinence
– Decreased use of pain medications
– Increased socialization
– Increased motivation
– Opportunity for creative expression
– Increased self-esteem
– Increased confidence
– Decreased depression
– Decreased boredom
– Utilization of stress management skills
– Decreased Learned Helplessness
– Sundown Syndrome
– Repetitive motions
– Yelling & screaming
– Abusive behavior
Download Our Recreational Therapy Brochure